**Mom Note; Bradley has not yet received his hump day package with all of our pictures, etc! Hoping he gets it soon!!!! Thank you all for sending pictures for him!!!!!
July 13, 2016
ONE Year down, one year to go!
Wow, sooo what is life!? I totally just hit a year...like what? Haha super crazy!! Today, we all went to Hard Rock Cafe in the centro, we all celebrated together which was really fun!! Super fun to see everyone from my group and year, wow!
How is everyone!? I am going to do a bullet point thing again here we go:
- Soo I am sick yet again. Yeah just Chile. I’m dying here. My body. My health, everything. But all is well
- We did a service project at the Hogar de Cristo, which is a center for people who have mental and physical disorders, and they live there, and it is super cool. They are so nice and sweet and it just makes me realize how blessed we are. Truly even to have center’s that work and function. the volunteers, the workers there, wow. So much respect for them. But we do service for them every other week, so it’s really cool to see!
- I gave a talk this past Sunday which was fun! I love giving talks! Now, in Spanish, that’s a whole different story, but it was good! I talked about the road to discipleship, and what are we going to do with the gift of Christ. The gift that we have. It went well I hope! Nobody here really told me it went well, everyone just kind of moves on, but hey, I felt good about it, so that’s all that matters!
- We found these new people, Geraldo and his wife. So this is cool! One day, well everything fell through, so we went and I just saw this street, and I really felt like we should go contact it, and work with this list of people who were baptized. And I don’t know why I felt that, but I did! And the first door we contacted, this guy saw us, said, wait, and he opened up his like 2 gates and said, pasen. He just let us in! I was like in shock! Turns out, he is a less active, and he never lets people into his house, but when he saw us, he knew it was from God. His wife later told us, that she prayed that day, she prayed for help, and what do you know, she got a call from her husband saying that the missionaries came, and they haven’t come by in 15 years. So yeah. God lives. To hear that story, to feel of their spirits, so prepared, in such need of help. Truly to be an instrument in Gods hand, it’s incredible. I love them already and they have no kids, nothing, but they are the best!!! GOD LIVES. He is aware of our needs.
- I hit a year on Friday...what!
- I love being a missionary.
- That’s about it!
I love you all, I miss you all like freaking crazy!! But I know that God hears prayers, and that he is looking out for us, and I know that everything is ok. That there is a plan and all we have to do is put our trust in God, take a leap of faith, even when we have nothing let but faith. He lives, he loves us. He is real. This gospel is real. not just a social club, no, it’s for us .Everyone!
I love you all!!
July 6, 2016
Soo how the heck are all of you!? good!? Good.
This week has been good! Just another week here in paradise. Haha not really paradise, more like a trash pit, but hey, it’s all about the attitude, I love my giant trash pit!
This week has been an interesting one! Here goes again with the bullet points
- I held a hedgehog, I think that’s what it’s called. But it was dope. A hedgehog named Erica.
- I am tired constantly, haha trying to go to bed early but yeah, it just doesn’t work
- Having some fun moments with my comp, learning a lot of patience right now but all is well
- Had a lot of dejavu this week, random note, super weird
- We played bowling today, which was fun! I think I pulled a muscle in my butt/high thigh, haha no joke, so might be limping round for a while
- I am super white and looked at my legs one day, and noticed how I lost everything and feel like Pillsbury dough boy
- We bought sushi the other night, it was great. In this area so many sushi places, and super cheap, so at 11 pm we buy sushi and its wonderful
- I have stepped in so much dog crap this week
- We found a dope new guy! He is incredible. He is a less active, members, no one has passed by for him for more than 10 years, we went to his door, he opened up the gate and just said, pasen, like, come in, and I swear, he is the next bishop. Literally so humble, so genuine. Like, he knows what’s up, he has his head on straight. So I am super excited for that!
- We are just trying to find new people, trying to check everyone’s progression and see where everyone is at
- Did Divisions with Elder Christiansen, a new elder here, he is a greet missionary, we had some fun!
- I am just blessed. Really trying to give it my all, really trying to appreciate all that I have, all that God has given me, and all that I can use to help others, all I can do to help others.
- It’s been a fun, tiring, stressful, all of the above kind of week, but all is well.
The gospel is something that is meant for us to be happy. To progress. To use. So many people think it’s just rules, burdens, more things to do on top of everything, but no. It is SUCH a privilege, such a blessing that we see when we live it, when we try our hardest. We are not going to be perfect members, screw perfection! But we can try our hardest, give it our all, give it all to God, and he will bless us.
I love you all. So much. God is good. We are his children. He will not abandon us.
Hello family, sooo sorry, but this week I am just not feeling it! It’s going to be a short one, but yeah, here we go!
I have been good! I am tired, haha this ward is good! It’s very different. Very different! But members actually want to work here, so I am excited to work with that, that’s going to be fun!
- We played volleyball today, which was so fun. Well, it was fun messing around, but man, I miss playing so much! I get to competitive, I had to settle down a bit. I just love volleyball!
- Cut my hair, it was getting pretty long, now I’m an elder. A skinny, white elder lost in Chile
- We are doing a lot of contacts and getting to know people, my comp has been here for 3 months and doesn’t know like anyone, so we are kind of just starting over from square one.
- My comp is good, just need to connect with him more
- It is SOOO freaking cold here. It doesn’t help that I have no body fat. I think that’s the main problem. I am always cold. Me
- hands and feet, so people ask me if I’m alive haha cause it’s so cold! Sorry that I can’t gain body fat people!!!
- I did divs with the zone leaders here, it was sick, went to their sector for a day, they are homies
- Just trying to keep trucking along, be obedient, and just trust in God. Trying to give it my all
That’s about it family! I am sorry its short but I just freaking love you all. and I need your prayers! always! I love you all soooo much, God loves you so much, and yeah!!! Que esten bien!!!! Besitos!!!