Thursday, January 19, 2017

Familia!! Jan. 18, 2017

Jan. 18, 2017
Que tal!?

Jan. 18, 2017
Familia!!

Que Tal???Wow, how is everyone doing?

This week has been kind of crazy, not going to lie!

We have been dropping a lot of people kind of having to start from scratch, which is rough. Really rough, because so many people are gone for vacations, and so we are searching, just trying to find that faith, find the people who really want to listen.

Man, this mission, it’s truly like swimming against a current. And I don’t know if you all have ever done that before, but it’s ROUGH! But, just keep swimming! JUST KEEP SWIMMING! I am really learning a lot about enduring, just bearing down.

Josefa got baptized!! La familia Rojas! They are great! She is going to be a missionary someday, no doubt! The family is getting reactivated and we are just waiting for them to have callings! They are great. They have been through a lot, so prayers porfa!

We are doing this thing, the 5 min plans. We go to members houses and present this plan that me and my comp are doing. We are really trying to help this ward. This ward is kind of going downhill. which is sad. SO, we have this plan, but it’s really frustrating too because we NEED the members. Here, it is a huge division between members and missionaries, yet the members ARE the missionaries. So, we are searching for references and just trying!!

I am focusing a lot on the scriptures and really getting an effective and great study in every day. And honestly, it’s made all the difference. It’s not like I’m tired or I am struggling to keep my eyes open, but it’s actually fun! Never in my life have I thought that reading the scriptures are fun, but I have learned and gained soo much knowledge and cool insights just by truly studying them! SO, do it!!

Today we played soccer, man I was weak! Haha I need to get into shape, I feel like I get so tired so easily. 

I love being a missionary. I invite everyone, every day, to come unto Christ. I have my purpose and I love being here. I love being a missionary. It’s truly the greatest, forgetting about yourself and serving others. I don’t think there is greater joy, And although I am tired, and worn down, and sometimes just want to give up, I keep going, because I am happy. Because Christ suffered for me, and for you, and for everyone. There is a quote that I like a lot,

He gave it all. You can give a little. 

SO, give a little, go do it. It’s not about you, it’s about God and building his kingdom, about changing yourself, loving others. And it’s the most beautiful thing ever! 
LOVE YOU ALL!! GOD LOVES YOU! 


Elder Carney

No comments:

Post a Comment