Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Feb. 3, 2016 (his grandpa passed away) Jan. 26, 2016

Feb. 3, 2016
Well,
Hello Family! So yeah just received the news about grandpa. Wow. I guess I should have expected it but it still is hard. I read moms email that she sent me and I just really felt at peace, really felt the spirit and I feel like grandpa knows, and he is just having a great time with his brother and parents in heaven! Haha makes me think of the memories I have with him, how I was the only lefty in the fam! And I remember him yelling at me one time for riding a bike that was way too small for me, and he scared the crap out of me haha! I was pretty young!!  But, I just regret not being able to spend more time with him, spending more time. He was super calm and quiet, just trying to think back on all the memories that we had, which is hard to remember which makes me sad! But I just love him! Him and his jumpsuits!  Haha love them! 

But it makes me think of the plan of salvation. To the people who I have seen who are so firm, so firm in their beliefs, compared to the people who don’t have this knowledge and are just destroyed. I am just grateful to have the knowledge. I don’t know, I feel just off right now, don’t know! Hard, but I know that I will see him again someday! How are all of you guys? 

Also, one of the guys that we baptized, hermano Juan, he passed away too this week which is kind of hard. He was a really good guy and he was old, but he got baptized and was a firm member for the 4 months that he had, he was a saint! Haha. Kind of just a week of dying. Sucks! But this isn’t the only life. No doubt about that. 

I don’t really know what else to say this week! Umm it was good, it has been an interesting journey. I feel like I really need fast Sunday this week, with everything that has happened and that is going on. I really just need to rely on the knowledge that I have, the testimony that I do have, and just grow! I am really thankful to share this gospel with the people here. It really can change your life. I have seen it. God loves all of his children so much! I guess that’s it for this week! I love you all! God is good. There is a plan. No doubt about that. Till we meet again, it’s not the end! Love you all. Praying for you all!
Please pray for me too.

Elder Carney




January 27, 2016

Sick in Santiago

Hello family! Haha sooo this past week kind of sucked! I was sick! Haha on Saturday I actually felt like I was getting better, and then Sunday it just hit me! I was on antibiotics last Wednesday but they were not working. Finally, Monday, I just couldn’t do anything. My body was so week, had a fever, just everything hurt, yeah haha so that was fun. Then Tuesday I got new antibiotics (the nurse here doesn’t really know crap, I’m gonna be honest) and then I just laid in bed, just trying to get better haha so its hasn’t really been all that fun. Being sick on the mission is SOOO much worse than being sick in college, because in college you can just snuggle up, watch Netflix all day, do whatever, well, the mission, you’re in a foreign country, you can’t really watch Netflix, you just lay there. It sucks!!! Haha just want to go out and get rejected haha nah, but just wanted to go outside. Being sick sucks on the mish. 

But I am getting better. I feel a lot better today, so that’s good! Oh but I think I have a sinus infection, but all is well! 

What’s new this week? Well, this area, it’s interesting. The ward should be a branch. It just has NO priesthood, no leadership. Just kind of sad, but the members who are firm are are really great people! 

This kid, Ivan, we found him like 3 weeks ago, he is a menos (less) active, and he is just INCREDIBLE. He keeps asking us about a mission and he is just a homie, he is 23 and he was actually searching for the missionaries for a long time, but could never find them, and finally we should up one day at his doorstep and it was just super cool. He is awesome! 

Hmm what else? Oh I am not only learning Spanish but also Spanish sign language, haha yep our ward mission leader is deaf. So I am just learning, this other missionary here is like fluent, its super cool to see. But yeah, guess I need to learn that too know. I can pray in it, which is cool, but other than that I am a lost puppy! 

This past week was good. Nothing really knew happened, haha just sick and felt like crap. But oh, I was just feeling a little down yesterday, being sick for so long and just feeling like crap, and then I got the letter that Katy sent and the package that mom you sent, and it just made me day. Thank you. I really needed it, funny how God sends us things when we need them, at the right time. 

We are reading the Book of Mormon as a mission and it’s been good! I encourage you all the read it, start now! Man I am learning so much, but super cool to see! Nephi is a beast, heck all those people are just the best! God is the best. What a guy. I love you all, please tell me about your lives!!!!

Praying for all of you!!!
Elder Carney


No comments:

Post a Comment