Thursday, August 13, 2015

Aug 11, 2015 Tengo gozo en mi alma! (I have joy in my Soul!)

Aug 11, 2015
Tengo gozo en mi alma! (I have joy in my Soul!)



 












Familia!!! How are all of you!!! So I don’t really know what to say except that we are the oldest group now in the CCM, and just two weeks left till we are in the field! Literally do the same thing every day, except Pdays! So
not much has changed. My district is awesome! They are amazing people and I will miss a lot of them! Half of them are Santiago Norte mission, so we will have to part ways soon! 

I feel like my theme for this week is COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT. It’s been hard a lot, not going to lie. I get frustrated with the language and especially with my companion, but I look at all that I have, all the knowledge that I have and all the love that surrounds me, all the beauty, and that totally outweighs everything. I am super blessed. Blessed beyond belief. District 6, the north American group who came 2 weeks before we did, just left today. And it was really sad saying goodbye! They are amazing people!!! I feel like their kid, even though most of them just graduated high school! But I just love them! They are an amazing group and just so much love and respect for them. I want to rage with a lot of them when we are all back at BYU!!! 

I am the chosen one for the desk apparently! Ha-ha, I come into class and there is this desk, with a note on it saying, Elder Carney, you are the chosen one. Ha-ha and it’s literally just a desk, but a desk that has been passed down by like 5 missionaries. And we all write our names on it after we are leaving for the field! So I am the chosen one, such an honor! And it has this ghetto water bottle holder on the side made out of duct tape. I just love district 6. I teared up saying goodbye to a lot of them! 

So we are enough the oldest white people in the CCM! There are two missionaries who came 2 weeks after us, who I decided I am their father! Elder Eyre and Elder Buhler, they are awesome! Ha-ha they feel like my children! Top notch guys though. 

What else!? I gained 1 pound, so that’s exciting!!! Ha-ha this bread is getting to me. I feel so fat and lazy! All we do is sit all day! But it’s all good! We play soccer for personal exercise every morning! And it has been raining these past weeks, so we play on the grass in the parqye(park) because the courts are flooded, and let’s just say I ate it a ton! I ate it into this puddle while I was going for the ball, and I was parallel in the air before I hit the ground...into a puddle! But it’s so fun! I love laughing here with everyone and I just love it! It will be bittersweet to leave. I will NOT miss the food, literally same thing every day. But I love it! 

Quote of the week: Focus not on our human fallibility, but the Savior’s divine ability. 

That quote carried me through the week. Just think about it in your life, and the great power of the atonement. I love the atonement with all my heart. It is the rock of my testimony. I want everyone to know how much I love it, and how I know how powerful it can be. Mistakes of the past don’t define, they refine you. Everyone needs to know that God loves them so much, and see how much potential they have, and to have faith in themselves! I have been working on that this week, to just have faith in myself. I go into lessons and can’t really speak Spanish, but you know, I just go for it! This is the message that the world needs to hear! That Christ lives! And he loves us so much! He wants us to be happy. He knows our struggles, trials, injuries, EVERYTHING because he has felt it. He died for us. 

Boom. inspiration done! I love it here and I am learning a ton. I miss good ol America, that’s for sure! But I know I am where I am supposed to be, even if I can’t speak the language at all! God is good, go carpe the crap out of life, and God loves you!!!


Elder Carney

No comments:

Post a Comment