Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Que es Vida! Aug 4, 2015

Week #3, August 3, 2015       Que es Vida!

Hola Mi Familia!

Como estan ustedes!? I don’t really know where to start.

We moved rooms and are out of the dungeon!!! The cave of misery. Thank goodness. We moved upstairs and have a room, with, wait for it....WINDOWS!!! So we can open them and see a little bit of civilization! The hustle and bustle of the city! We got new teachers as well, and they are just amazing! Some of them have the coolest stories. Hermano Pino, was picked to play on the Chilean national team and went on a mission instead and just has the coolest story. We got new North Americans!!! So nice not to be the new ones here anymore! We are moving up in the ranks! The new North Americans were just shocked the first couple of days, poor souls. And all of them are from Utah pretty much. But we love them and we gringos got to stick together! 

One of my old teachers, hermano traverso, is just the man. I was having a pretty hard couple of days and was just SO frustrated with Spanish. Because I am pretty much leading all the lessons because my companion doesn’t really know how to communicate, yet he is better than me at Spanish. So I kind of just go for it, and it is so frustrating! I have so much I want to say and to teach our investigators and I just can’t form it! But hermano traverso came up to me and expressed to me how amazing he felt when I teach him. How he noticed how much I care for him, and our fake investigator. It really was a tender mercy, and I really needed it. If all I can express to the people of Chile is how much God loves them, knows them personally, and cares about them, and that I care about him. My mission would totally be worth it. Everyone deserves to know that no matter what. Everyone.

Anyway, I really needed it and it just really picked up my spirits. The language is such a barrier, and is challenging, but I am picking it up faster than I expected! I can understand stuff which is pretty cool, yet Chileans speak so fast! Like, SUPER fast. But hey, I have 2 years and just need to have patience. 

We had fast Sunday this past Sunday and it was really good! Truly amazing! We fasted from lunch on Saturday to lunch of Sunday, and I loved it! You are so in tune with the spirit. Shout out to the Holy Ghost, love him! He is my homeboy. As well as Jesus, I love him! Sundays here are just like a spiritual rejuvenation, much needed! We listen to devotionals and this Sunday I really just felt peace. Peace that I am supposed to be here, even if I am here for one person to teach, that is all worth it to me!  Even if I just plant seeds my whole mission, that is so worth it to me. It is hard being out here and comparing yourself to other missionaries. There are some amazing ones, some amazing stories, just top notch people who are just awesome! But you can’t compare yourself to others, in anything. Because God needs you, and just you. People need you and not someone else you are trying to act like. I just have been really trying to focus on loving me, and accepting that I need be myself and to love others unconditionally, not act like another missionary or compare myself to others! So Sundays are the best I decided. We had fast and testimony meeting and I was just really like, alright, g got up there and bore my simple, small testimony in front of a room for of natives and gringos! It was really cool! Again, spirit, my homeboy. 

Fun little story. We were at this park for personal exercise, and a couple of us decided to go for a run after playing soccer for a little, and this stray dog just followed us the whole time! Like ran by our side and it was just the cutest little puppy! We named him and he followed us back to the CCM, and they have an electronic gate (its right behind the temple) and we couldn’t let it in, so the gate was just slowly closing and the dog was just sitting there staring at us, one of the saddest moments of my life! So we sang, ¨DOG be with you till we meet again. Like the hymn God be with you till we meet again. But yeah, that dog is the best! 

The food is getting a little old. I eat bread, meat, rice, and soda for every meal. That’s pretty much what it consists of. 

I saw Connor Weaver, or Elder Weave, here yesterday! That was kind of fun, nice to see someone from Colorado and catch up with him! 

We got new native roommates, one is from Peru and one is from Equador. SO that calls for a lot of acting out, because they speak almost no English and it’s just funny, can’t understand each other at all. But we love them! I noticed how blessed we truly are. One of the missionaries in my room literally came with nothing. The bare essentials. He is just so humble and so kind and it really just made me think how blessed I am. How blessed I am to have contacts or glasses, or a suit, or pairs of socks, shoes. Just really blessed. I came out of the shower and he was ironing my shirt, and just an awesome dude! 

That is life here at the CCM! I am getting used to it and it’s been a challenge, yet I am happy! It’s just so different. This gospel is pure happiness. It is a gospel of love. So much love. It is not temporal happiness, it is eternal happiness. It’s truly amazing. God is amazing. He cares and loves each one of us so much, more than we could ever comprehend. He sent his son to die for us, and through him we will return to him again. Jesus Christ is amazing. This perfect man, atoning for our sins. Life can be so hard. People can go through things unimaginable. But it’s crazy how much God impacts people, and sends people into their lives. This is a God of love; he will NEVER leave you alone. Ever. This is happiness!!! I just want everyone to have it!! If you have doubts. If you are alone. IF you feel the pressure of the world crashing in on you, pray. Always pray. This is our father, who hears you, who wants to hear from you! He will help. 

I love you family!!! So blessed to have an amazing family, and friends. I am praying for all of you daily and I miss you all like crazy!!! 


Elder Carney

No comments:

Post a Comment