Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Today was WILD! May 4, 2016

May 4, 2016
Today was WILD!!!

Hello family!

SO today we went to the zoo!!! Haha pretty crappy zoo, and it’s like all on a hill, but it was fun! Shoot I can’t send pictures in this computer, super sorry! But yeah, it was good! Got to see some aminals, as Danny used to call it, or something! Haha but yeah, chill pday.

Wow, how are you all!? Thank you all so much for all the letters and everything, literally, letters to a missionary, makes the world. SO much. Thank you!!! 

This week was good. We are finding a lot of new people, like all of yesterday, we found so many new people, it was honestly so nice to see. After working hard and trying to find new people to teach, and feeling like nothing, NOTHING was working after so long, we found them! So that’s kind of good! 

Oh this one guy. Mauricio. We literally have been trying to go by him for the past 4 months, the time I have been here. He is a returned missionary and he works all the time, so we haven’t been able to find him. Then, the other day, I saw this tatted up guy and really big guy standing outside his door, and I was like, THATS HIM!!! And we like rushed over there and it turns out it was him! And it also turns out, his dad passed away a month ago, his mom has cancer, and he is really struggling. He said he knows he needs to do the things like he should be doing, and he knows that God sent us in that moment to help him. after searching for him for so long and telling him that God loves him, that he has a family, and a plan, it was incredible. We have a return appointment with him too, that was kind of a miracle moment. We never gave up trying to find him, and finally we did!

It’s been good. Yesterday was like, hot, and it was incredible!! I miss hot weather! Well, US hot weather, the sun here in Chile, is like straight up UV, straight up cancer, SOO strong! And the smog, I am pretty sure I will have lung infections when I get back. But yeah!

Spiritually, I feel like I am learning so much. So so much, yet I fault so much too.  Always there are things to work on. 

I want to share one of my favorite scriptures with you all. Its in 1 John 4:19 which says

“We love him, because he first loved us.” 

Really, I am discovering that. I am discovering why we do all the things that we do. Why do we pray? Why should I pray? Why should I go to church? I am tired. I don’t want waste 3 hours of my day. Why should I do all the things that we do? 

It’s because He loves us. That’s why we do them. He loved us, and that is all that matters. He knows us. He loves us more than we can know. And we do those things, we do all these things, because we love him. 

I love that. So so so much. that scripture might be my favorite, for life. It’s true. So true. We do these things, because we love him, and that is how we can show our love for him, because he loves us SO much.

I love him. I am so grateful for him. I love this knowledge, this gift that I have. And I am soo blessed. 

He lives. He loves us.


Elder Carney

No comments:

Post a Comment