ILUMINA EL MUNDO
Nov. 30, 2016
Soo how is everyone?
Alright here it goes
- This week has been good, it’s been a good one.
- I FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON AGAIN!! This is the 3rd time now in Spanish, it’s pretty dope! And actually, it was really cool. I decided to finish Moroni 10, the very last chapter in English, in the book of Mormon that I have had since I was 10, that I wrote my testimony in when I was 10. And it was just cool to read that, and just know that it is true! That it truly is another testament of Jesús Christ, of his love for us, and him coming to the Americas! It is igual (no idea how to say that in English) with the Bible, similar. And ITS TRUE!!
- And I love that if we want to become closer to God, that is it. We have the book of Mormon. So, ITS SO TRUE; READ IT PEOPLE!!! So frustrating when people don’t read because there are their answers, answers to life, to everything! And if we could just open up our hearts, and just ask God humbly, we can receive all the answers!! SO, FREAKING OPEN IT UP AND READ!!!
- Anyway, we found a DOPE new family. Luciano, Pamela, Daniela, and Ignacio, and we just had a really really good lesson, about the restoration. Our first visit and they just were soo ready to hear it, they have been looking for so long and it was just great! So, we are excited for that!!
- We have the new Christmas thing1! Ilumina el mundo its called in spanish!! Such a great video, and I love how it’s about service! So, go watch it everyone!! (Here is the link to #Lighttheworld that Brad is talkign about -
- GO SERVE: such a beautiful thing to forget about ourselves and help, something so simple yet we find true joy, true Christ like love.
- It’s getting freaking HOT, haha and its killing me!
- Changes are coming up, this might be my last week here, and it will defs be my last week with mi hijito numero 2, elder Hendrix. It has been such a great time and he is a really great missionary, and I am really excited to watch him grow even more and just grateful to have been able to train him!
- I am tired. Oh, so tired, yet I just love being a missionary. I love it.
- GOD IS GOOD. I know I say that a lot, but it’s true. He is. So, trust in him.
That’s about it! I love all of you sooo much and I miss you all, but honestly, I love being here. I love being a missionary. And I know that’s where I need to be for now!
Dec. 6, 2016
Hello family and friends!!
This is Elder Carney speaking to you, do you remember me? probs not, but it’s all good, I still love you guys!!
So, this week has been a good one!!
- I am now out of Los Pensamientos and....AM IN LA BANDERA!!! Yep, literally moved wards. Still in the zone. I even still live in my ward, haha but just moved to the side, that’s it! But I am now with Elder Camputiz!! From Ecuador!! He is the man!! We have been friends from the beginning, I saw him be born so it will be good!
- I had to say goodbyes, which was not fun. Man, I hate it!! But it’s really cool to see how much people progress and that you go where they go, you suffer with them, you cry with them, you laugh and share memories with them. And it’s just so weird, how much you really love these people, the people you dedicate your whole time too, and to say bye. It’s hard!! But hopefully I will see them again doing divisions and all that!
- The picture attached is a sassy picture, haha yep! There isn’t a word for sassy in Spanish, so I taught them what it means and even their little kid is doing it! Jose! And that’s the Familia Andrade, they are incredible. I love them. Literally some of my favorites, going to miss them a ton!
- They threw me a pizza party also, which was beautiful. And another fam a completo party
- I said goodbye to my kid! Mom Note- they call the person they train, their "kid") Nope, haha he is actually in my district, so it will be fun doing divs with him! He has a new comp now too, a kid from his own group, so it’ll be fun!
- I AM A GRANDPA!! my first kid who I trained, elder Garzon from Columbia, he is now training!! I am a grandpa!! So crazy!!
- I am excited for this ward! It’ll be good, it needs some help and some loving, but we will see!!
- I love these people. I am so thankful for them. I cannot even imagine how our Savior and how much Heavenly father love us. If this is just a glimpse of it, I couldn’t even imagine. I love ‘em!
- SO, I am going to be happy dangit! Just enjoy this time! It’s Christmas, its freaking hot but the Gospel is freaking awesome!!!!!
I love you all!!